HOME   |   About Us  |   Contact Us

  24/11/2014 - 06:47 Local Time (GMT + 3)
Districts & Subdistricts   Residential Complexes   Villages   Mountains   Rivers & Springs   Tourist Resorts   Traces Ruins   Arts & Literature   Well-nowns  
Martyrs Songs and Muzic   Folklore   Renga & Reng    Calendar    Events & Occasions     Archive    Album    Directories    Link     Sciences      Children
:-: :-:


Untitled 1
Dihik Eastern village
Translating from Kurdish: Badir S.A.

 

  

The geography of the Village :

 

This village is one of  Rekan tribe villages in Amedy district .

 

 The borders of the Village :

 

From north : the village of Banistan .

From south : the village of Warakhal.

From east : the village of Rizi .

From west : the village of  Shabakama.

Also there is a valley to the east of the village divides the village into two sides .

 

 

The nature of  the village :

 

 crops and plants are wild like : sumac , walnut. In addition to a famous highland named ( Merga Dihik) .

 

 

wellsprings of  the village :

 

 

Kania Mizgafte ( mosque wellspring).

Kania Gondi ( village wellspring).

Kania Bishi : its water is used for watering many types of crops , and it is cold .

Kania Guizka Kali

 

 

Main families of the village :

 

Dihik  village Consists of  4 main families as are written below:

 

Tate family : ( Tatar )

Jondoy family .

Badi family : it is taken from Baha`ddin .

Malki family .

 

 

Chooser (Mukhtar)  of  the village:

 

                  from old times Tatar family was the chooser of the village ( Tatar , Omar Tatar , Sheikho Omar Tatar who was died in the year

2006 in Sheladize , and now the chooser ( Mukhtar ) of  the village is Harbi Sheikho Omar.

 

 

The mosque and the studying of  the village :

 

 

The mosque was built in the village  since 40s , some religious scientists from Che village ( upper Doski tribe) like Mula Khalid Chei was the Imam of the mosque for 3 years , and Mula Yousif Banstani for 2 years , and now the traces of the mosque still existed .the children of the village were studying in the school of the village of Razga.

 

 

personalities of the village :

 

 

Omar Dihiki .

Ozair Dihiki.

Jondoy Dihiki : who was died in the year 1961.

Ibrahim Faizi Omar : he  was the first person who gained the preparatory certificate from Mosul governorate in the year 1967 and became employee in the Dohuk Agriculture directorate , he died in the year 1995 in Sheladize.

Chato Salih Khaja : he died in the year1988 during Anfal operations.

Mustafa Abdullah Mustafa ; he was religious person .

Ali Baha`ddin

Ahmed Baha`ddin

Ganjo Baha`ddin Ozair Dihiki he is herbs physician, he is making many types of  ointments of burning , he was born in the year 1953 , and he is living in Sheladize now.

Idrees Mustafa Omar : he is educational supervisor in Amedy education directorate.

Kamiran Ibrahim Faizi( Major).

Zeravan Ibrahim Faizi ( teacher).

Khorsheed Saeed Khaja ( teacher) .

Moayad Ahmed Baha`ddin .

 

 

 

 

 

 

Abandoning of  the village :

 

 

Dihiki village like other villages of Rekan tribe such as Banistan ,  Dihiki ,  Derki , Rizi , Razga , Sinji , Shamki , Kokari ,Mergava,hora…. has been displaced by the Alba`th regime in the year 1978 and they  settled in residential compounds like Sieri and Sheladize.   

                 Amedye district

It situates to the northeast of Dohuk governorate Center, about 70 kilometers away, it has constructed on the Mount roof, its area 17.5  km2 and its height 1000 feet, this city has ancient history full of events returning to the era of the Assyrian Empire. Archaeologists say that the name of the city was (Amet), where mentioned its name in the writings of the Assyrians in the era of Chams A`d  V (823 - 810) B.C , also in the writings of Adeneirar III (804-782) B.C , as was stated (Amet) in the writings of the new Babylonian era.

Yaqut Alhamawi says: the founder of Amedye is Imad Eddin Alzangi in 537 A.H, as well as Hamdallah Alqazwini says Emadaddin Aldelami has rebuilt Amet city in the year 338 A.H and named it with Amedye name . 

The famous historian Ibn Al-atheer mentioned the name of Amedye frequently in his writings, Amedye has passed through unstable times  and difficult stages, and the princes of Seivddin princedom took it as metropolis for their princedom in  the year 740 A.H and it  witnessed remarkable developments under the authority of Seivddin Princedom till it became lasting metropolis to Bahdinan Princedom in 1842 A. D.

Muhammad Ange Bayraqdar occupied it Subsequently, and the Ottoman Sultan Mahmoud II attached it to the direct central authority, and attached Kurdish Emirates to Julemerg city and to Mosul  later.  In 1918 these emirates became under the British occupation, but after the formation of the state of Iraq, Amedye became follower to the Mosul province and appointed the district commissioner in 1924 A. D for the first time

Amedye famous for the beauty of nature and beautiful landscape and wonderful tourist sites, especially Sulaf and Sinji, these places are famous with different types of fruit, such as: Fig-walnut-apple-Pears, The crops rely on spring water in irrigation, Amedye famous in manual work such as crockery, like (pot), especially in the village Drgeni where there were  specialized manual work. Also people of Amedye are  working in agriculture , sheep -livestock breeding and trade where Amedye consider as a mall itself in the region. Clearly, Amedye consider a museum itself where  comprises archaeological sites and the Directorate of Dohuk has registered 34 archaeological sites:

The eastern gate :                                                                                                                                   

1- Zebar gate, were demolished in 1938 A.D during connecting the  cars road  to Amedye

2- Western gate so-called  Mosul gate, over the gate there are four statues (smaller than the size of the normal man), likely they are returning to the era Alfarthein (148 - 226) BC, and is believed to be statues of kings Alfrthein  who fought Romans, the gate is very large and has built from stone                                  

Amedye mosque minaret :                                                                                                                   

   3-  its height  30 meters, consisting of 102 stairs , the bulk of the building was built in the era of Sultan Hussein between the years 940 - 981 A.H ,every piece plays three functions:

A- the persons ascent stone

B- the Center of minaret top                                                

C- external wall                                                                                                                                          

4- The princedom headquarters :

located at the eastern upper side of the city and it is square of two-storey,  it became extinct, except the gate which decorated with the slogan of the princedom, which  is consisting a phoenix bird  and under his feet two snakes, all of this shows the ingenuity, care and protection of the authority for its citizens.                                                                                

   5- The princes cemetery

Located at the eastern side of the city, where the graves of all the princes of  Amedye,  the cemetery built in a professional and very intelligent method. there are two domes in the cemetery and under one of these Domes the tomb of Sultan Hussein, is said that the coffin of Sultan did not ruin completely because it was made of grapes wood,  and written on the outer edge of the tomb (everything perishable except God face), where the great Sultan Hussein Bek died in the month of Shaban 981 H. The second dome built on the tomb of the  daughter of  Ismail  Pasha (Rawshan Khan )written on it (Rawshan Khan the daughter of Ismail Pasha,  who died in 1202 A.D

   6- Qobahan School:         

located on the Amedye River, it is a religious and famous school, flourished in the era of the princes of Bahdinan princedom the people gifted many books to the school in various sciences till has become known and famous library in the Islamic world and was a center for teaching various Natural Sciences till 1920s of the past century, it has tens of archaeological sites such as: Seridge- Vij Kala - Bridge Isa Dalal). The area of Amedye is 93 square kilometers and the number of villages is 15 villages have been destroyed completely by ex regime except the Amedye center and residential compound in Kwane, but after the founding of the Kurdistan region many of these villages have been rebuilt      

  Copyright 2009Kurdistan - Devera Amedye
Mobile:00964 750 475 6683 Ariafon:00964 062 763 1591
E-mail:info@amedye.com amedye@msn.com